Antibiotic/Antibacterial Vaccine DevelopmentContact
The continued rise of antibiotic resistance requires new approaches to the prevention and treatment of bacterial infections. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find a contract research partner willing to collaborate and develop supporting assays and animal models that are necessary to move novel ideas forward. That’s where Southern Research stands apart from other service providers. Our experienced scientists will take your unique needs into consideration in the context of the ever-changing regulatory landscape for antibacterial drugs, biologics and vaccines and will work with you to identify and implement the most promising development strategy.
Working with Southern Research is straightforward and convenient. Our service capabilities span the entire continuum from early stage, hit-to-lead verification all the way to late stage, clinical trial support. We have in-house bioanalytical, immunoassay, histopathology, and toxicology capabilities to support a wide range of needs quickly and confidently. Most services can be conducted under GLP regulatory compliance, when necessary. Click here for a full listing of our services.
- A variety of in vitro panels for resistance testing, efficacy studies and custom screening
- Unique experience with Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) pathogens
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae MIC 90 panel with multidrug resistant (MDR) clinical isolates
- Unique Chlamydia trachomatis mouse model and in vitro support services
- Various in vitro capabilities for Mycoplasma genitalium and bacterial vaginosis (BV) pathogen (Gardnerella vaginals, Mobiluncus spp., Atopobium vaginae) efficacy testing
- Pre-assembled MIC panels including ESKAPE, MDR, CRE, ESBL, CF, Respiratory, STI, Bacterial Meningitis, Gastroenteritis, Pseudomonas, Klebsiella, Acinetobacter, Staphylococcus, and Wound Infection panels including CDC strains and MDR clinical isolates.
- Wound Infection pathogens
- Acinetobacter baumannii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Staphylococcus aureus MIC 90 panels with MDR clinical isolates
- Skin infection mouse model
- Surgical Site infection mouse model
- Wound infection mouse model
- Biofilm inhibition and eradication assays
- Customizable animal models for efficacy and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD)